For the first six to eight weeks, most babies aren't able to stay up much longer than two hours at a time. If you wait longer than that to put your baby down, he may be overtired and have trouble falling asleep.
During these early months most babies wake for a feed and then go back to sleep.
New babies tend to sleep a lot, but without any set pattern - 16 hours out of every 24 is average, although it varies hugely. They wake regularly, both day and night, because they've yet to develop their circadian rhythm, and because they have tiny tummies which need frequent feeds to keep hunger at bay. So you may well be up at least four times a night.
Diet for 0-6 Months
- Breast milk is the best food for your baby and contains all the energy and nutrients they need for the first 6 months of life
- Infant formula is the only recommended alternative to breast milk for babies under the age of 6 months.
- Most formulas are based on cows' milk and have been designed to match, as closely as possible, the composition of breast milk
- Your baby is not physically ready to eat solid foods due to a reflex that enables him to swallow only liquid foods. The reflex causes the infant to automatically push solid food out of his mouth with his tongue.
- Feeding your baby solid food too early may lead to overfeeding and excessive weight gain.
- As a general rule, solid foods do not help babies sleep through the night.
Massage is a great job to bond with your baby .basically, Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Baby massage can help to grow better and become behave better. Keep in mind; don't try a massage just before or after a meal or when she needs a nap
Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine.
Baby Massage Supplies
- Low lights
- Soft music
- Tissues or paper towels to wipe up excess oil
- A small amount of baby oil (olive oil works well, too)
- A soft towel or blanket to cover your baby
- A pacifier, if it's calming for your little one.
A naming ceromany is a event or a tradition for parents,family members and friends to welcome the arrival of new baby and given a new name or names.there are many ways or customs and tradition to make the baby ceremony special for those who involved.Some parents may be these ceremonies have religious or cultural significance. Choosing a baby name is not a simple task. In some cultures the name of the parent or a respected friend or relative is given to the child. Other cultures give the name of a deceased relative to honor the memory of the ancestors.the religious elders are consulted to provide a name that will bring good fortune to the child.Details of the ceremony and the date of its occurrence vary by community.
in Sanskrit 'Naam' means name and 'karaan' mean to create.Naamkaran ceremony normally performed after the new baby birth.In Hindu Tradition, the eleventh and twelth day of new baby is the most auspicious day for the ceremony.The Naamkaran ceremony usually performed by a pundit.parents and new baby wear new cloths in this special day.Naming ceremony can be held anywhere, depend on family where they celbrated it.some people prefer temple,some prefers it at their home while some people like it outside the home such banquet hall, Hotel etc.this is the honored day for parents specialy mother because their child given a new name which child will be known whole the life.friend and relatives also bless the child.the father leans towards the baby's right ear, and whispers its chosen name. Usually, the father does not whisper directly into the child's ear, but uses a betel leaf or its silver imprint, or a few leaves of kusa grass to direct the words to the child's ear.Hindus often prefer to name their children based on Hindu raashis because it is considered auspicious and is supposed to bring good fortune to the child.