Massage is a great job to bond with your baby .basically, Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Baby massage can help to grow better and become behave better. Keep in mind; don't try a massage just before or after a meal or when she needs a nap Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine.
Baby Massage Supplies
- Low lights
- Soft music
- Tissues or paper towels to wipe up excess oil
- A small amount of baby oil (olive oil works well, too)
- A soft towel or blanket to cover your baby
- A pacifier, if it's calming for your little one.
Baby Massage Tips
- The legs are a good place to start massage because they are very less sensitive than some other parts of the body.
- Try sitting on the floor, bed or sofa, with your baby safely on a towel in front of you.
- Find a position that's comfortable, gives you good eye contact with no overhead lights and where your baby is warm.
- Baby's tummies are a significant source of distress, as their digestive systems are quite immature at birth and it needs a fair bit of time to get used to breast milk or formula.
- Tummy massage strokes can help provide relief from common tummy discomforts, such as gas and constipation.
- It's up to you whether your baby is nappy-free, but it can help to at least loosen the nappy when massaging the tummy.
Benifit of Baby Massage
- Benefits of massage for baby
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Relaxes & Soothes
- Improve skin condition
- Helps digestion
- Relief for teething pain
- Relaxes parents
- Improves circulation
- Enhances immune system function
- Helps baby/child to sleep deeper and more soundly
- Helps with congestion, gas, and colic
Benefits for Parents
- Teaches parents how to read their infants' cues and recognize their states of awareness
- Develops confidence when handling their baby
- Gives parents a special way to interact with their children who may be hospitalized. Helps parents feel a greater part of the healing process.
- Enhances loving communication, helping parents to understand and respond to their baby's non-verbal language
- Take one foot and gently rotate it a few times in each direction, then stroke the top of her foot from the ankle down to the toes. Switch feet and repeat.
- Provides 'permission' to relax together with their baby
- Increases awareness of baby's growth and development
- Gives parents the tools for understanding their child's unique rhythms and patterns
- Daily massage helps parents to unwind and relax